It’s Monday! Another day to bring you a Meatless Monday recipe. I love creating meals like this for my family. It’s packed with nutrients and flavor! The fun thing about this dish is the amount of customization. You can let your kids or family members pick their favorite veggies and toppings.
Today’s meatless meal is a grain bowl. Grain bowls are all the rage nowadays. They’re entirely meal made with a grain base, proteins, vegetables, sauce, and toppings. I love the combination of flavors and texture!
I didn’t feel like cooking a big meal for our small family. I had some leftover potato medley from a couple of days ago. I thought it would serve as a great veggie option for my grain bowl!
Cooking the quinoa
- 1 cup tri-color quinoa rinsed and drained well
- 1.5 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbs canola oil
Place quinoa, water, salt and oil in a medium sized saucepan. Cover with lid. Bring to boil in medium-high heat.
Once boiled, turn down heat to low. Cook quinoa covered for 20 minutes till liquid evaporates. Remove quinoa from heat. Leave it covered and let quinoa rest for 5 minutes before using.
- Cooked Quinoa
- 1 15.5 oz can drained, rinsed, navy beans
- 1 cup Global Dine In Potato Medley, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup med. diced seeded roma or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup med. diced English cucumber
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, leaves
- 1/4 cup sunflower nuts, toasted
- Global Dine In Honey Dipping Sauce
All ingredients can be placed in the bowl as desired to achieve visual appeal.
Did you make this dish? I’d love to know how it turns out! Feel free to email me or use the hashtag #globaldinein on Instagram.